Ultra PDF Merger is a freeware PDF utility that joins your PDF files, or part of them, together. It is a windows application and it runs on both 32bit and 64bit systems. Ultra PDF Merger is portable which means you don’t have to install anything, just download it, extract its content and run it. In this way you can put it in your USB drive and use it anywhere. It runs on every system that has .NET Framework 4.0 including Windows 8.
How to use it
- Add files: You can add the file(s) you want to merge using the Add button. You can select multiple files to add if they are in the same folder. Do not add locked or password protected files because merging will fail. You can also add the same file more than once.
- Remove files: Select the file you want to remove from the list and press the Remove button.
- Change file order: Select the file you want to move and move it by pressing the Move Up (Up arrow) or Move Down (Down arrow) buttons.
- Select specific pages to merge: If you want to merge specific pages from the file change the from and to numbers. If you leave 0 the program will ignore it.
- From 0 To 0 will merge all the pages of the file
- From 0 To 10 will merge the first 10 pages
- From 3 To 5 will merge pages 3, 4 and 5
- From 3 to 0 will merge all pages except the first 2
- Select merge type: You can select either normal merge or chapter mode merging which will put each file to start from an odd page number by inserting an empty page if needed.
- Merge files: Press Merge Files… button to merge selected files.
- Merge files to first PDF: Press Merge to First button to merge selected files to the first PDF file.
- View program info: Press About button to view program info such as the version number.
What’s new in version 1.3.9
Added support for forms, now Ultra PDF Merger copies the form information to the merged file.
What’s new in version 1.3.8
There was an issue with rotation in some pages. Rotation of 180 and 270 degrees was not handled correctly. The rotation issue is fixed in this version. Thank you for the ones pointed out the issue, it was the first issue found and reported since Ultra PDF Merger was released!
What’s new in version 1.3.7
The changes of version 1.3.7 are mostly from requests from users. First of all, Ultra PDF Merger is now less sensitive when opening files since there were users that owned the files but files required owner password to open and application was blocking them from merging them. The responsibility of that is now moved to the users and not the application. A second option is added to merge, “Merge to First” now merges all the content to the first PDF file in the list. Don’t worry, if there is a failure it will not affect the original file, it is replaced only when the merging was successful. Also, some users open files from one location and save to another. The application was saving the last location of any action and the users had to navigate to the folders. In this version the application saves the last location of open and save operations separately.
What’s new in version 1.3.5
In version 1.3.5 there are several internal changes such as checks and validations. The most important feature is the “Chapter Mode” merge type. A new button added and by default it says Normal Merge, if you click it, it turns into Chapter mode and every document in the list starts from an odd page number. This is achieved by inserting an empty page when needed. Also, the icon of the application is changed in order to be modern.
What’s new in version 1.3.2
In version 1.3.2 there is a new button to clear file selection (remove all files). Drag and drop functionality is also added to this version. You can now drag the PDF files from explorer and drop them to Ultra PDF Merger for easier file selection.
What’s New in version 1.3
There are two changes in this version. The most important is that you can choose the pages you want to merge by choosing the starting and the ending page. The second change is that the check for two or more files has been removed. You now have the option to “merge” only one file.
This screenshot of version 1.3.5 was taken in Windows 8 64bit. It shows all the buttons/features of Ultra PDF Merger.
The following screenshot of version 1.3 was taken in Windows 7 environment and may differ in your system. Also the title bar has black and white because the background image is a tiger (from tiger and dragon).
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
.NET Framework 4.0 (Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 already have .NET Framework)
The download file is an archive file (.zip), extract its content and start merging.
Ultra PDF Merger v1.3.9 (1.44 MB)